« Back to Careers: Software Engineering
Job: Software Engineer: Product
YourSports was built to connect information across history and geography, using interest networks and sports.
We believe that underneath the massive amounts of relationship data in sports lays the next great technology company in the social networking and API spaces.
For more than just sports.
We are in search of the world’s most forward-thinking, execution-oriented, and collaborative web application engineers.
- You’ll build and maintain features for YourSports.com and our Hydra API
- You’ll work with teams in Palo Alto, San Mateo, Miami, Seattle, and India
- Our engineers work in small teams to build products for our users and developers
- Our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration, and execution
- Run new and existing PHP code with HHVM and learn Facebook's Hack for future software
- Implement software with strong Elasticsearch architecture
- Push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology
- Work closely with product managers, designers and other engineering teams
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Pro-actively look for ways to improve application architecture and performance
- Pro-actively look for ways to make YourSports a world-class technology company
- 3+ years in engineering and scalable web programming
- 1+ years experience with Python, Java, or PHP
- Proficiency in writing server-side application logic and documenting software
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Disciplined approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Understanding of common data structures, algorithms, and profiling/optimization
- Experience with one or more Agile methodologies
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- A competitive salary
- Above-market stock options
- Stock re-grants every year based on exceptional performance
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Ongoing internal training with a clear path to management
- Company-provided meals during after work hours
- Up to $5,000 in equipment
We have offices on University Avenue in Palo Alto CA and in downtown San Mateo CA. Both are next to the Caltrain!
We also have team members in Seattle WA, Miami FL, Ludhiana India, Lahore Pakistan and more. We believe in the hybrid decentralized/centralized approach to work. If you have remote work experience and are happy living in your current town, we will embrace and support your efforts as a remote YourSports.com employee. However, if you feel more comfortable in an office, we can accommodate.
Our Miami, Seattle, and Chandigarh India offices are ETA 2015.
Email us your cover letter, resume, and links to your LinkedIn, Github, Quora, Twitter, StackOverflow, TopCoder, Behance, personal blog, etc. to [email protected].