« Back to Careers: Software Engineering
Job: Engineering Manager: Product
YourSports was built to connect information across history and geography, using interest networks and sports.
We believe that underneath the massive amounts of relationship data in sports lays the next great technology company in the social networking and API spaces.
For more than just sports.
YourSports is in search of the world’s most progressive and experience engineering managers. You’ll lead and help build product teams in San Mateo, Palo Alto, Miami, Seattle, and India.
- You’re a highly technical hands-on coder
- You like people, especially engineers. You’re better than most at managing them
- You believe in creative problem solving, fast iteration, prototyping, and testing
- You communicate as good in email as you do in person or vise versa, and you can hold your own in technology discussions
- You love technology, innovation, and have an appreciation for graph theory
- In your heart, you’re entrepreneurial and want to change a part of the world
- Lead existing engineering teams spread throughout the world
- Help build one locally in the location you choose
- Build teams that run new and existing PHP code with HHVM and learn Facebook's Hack for future software
- Push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology
- Work closely with product managers, designers and other engineering teams
- Pro-actively look for ways to improve application architecture and performance
- Pro-actively look for ways to make YourSports a world-class technology company
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical management
- Exceptional coding skills in one of the following: C++, Python, Java, or PHP
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technology teams, including performance management
- Experience leading with one or more Agile methodologies
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- A competitive salary
- Above-market stock options
- Stock re-grants every year based on exceptional performance
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Ongoing internal training with a clear path to management
- Company-provided meals during after work hours
- Up to $5,000 in equipment
We have offices on University Avenue in Palo Alto CA and in downtown San Mateo CA. Both are next to the Caltrain!
We also have team members in Seattle WA, Miami FL, Ludhiana India, Lahore Pakistan and more. We believe in the hybrid decentralized/centralized approach to work. If you have remote work experience and are happy living in your current town, we will embrace and support your efforts as a remote YourSports.com employee. However, if you feel more comfortable in an office, we can accommodate.
Our Miami, Seattle, and Chandigarh India offices are ETA 2015.
Email us your cover letter, resume, and links to your LinkedIn, Github, Quora, Twitter, StackOverflow, TopCoder, Behance, personal blog, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.