« Back to Careers: Design and UX Careers
Job: UI Engineer: Frontend
YourSports was built to connect information across history and geography, using interest networks and sports.
We believe that underneath the massive amounts of relationship data in sports lays the next great technology company in the consumer and API spaces.
Sports teams and the many nodes connected around them socially thread cities together around the world. On top of those connections, the organization, distribution, creation, and monetization of information can be re-imagined.
Social discovery across historical, geographic, and tribal networks can finally exist.
For more than just sports.
We are looking for a Front-end UI Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis:
- Competitive salary
- Amazing healthcare plan
- Team environment
- Easy access to public transit
- Generous, flexible budget for all the shiny new Mac products you need
- Work closely with our development team and product owners to support our vision
- Write clean, maintainable code; putting an emphasis on usability, quality, and good architecture
- Design and implement robust client-side solutions with AJAX and JSON
- Convert UX requirements into high quality HTML/JS/CSS
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices
- Experience with version control (git)
- Experience with client-facing code management and build tools.
- Experience with working on command-line tools.
- Experience in responsive, mobile-first layouts leveraging CSS and media queries.
- Deep understanding of client-side performance optimization
- Visual design acumen and understanding of UX principles and best practices
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and teach
- A competitive salary
- Above-market stock options
- Stock re-grants every year based on exceptional performance
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Ongoing internal training with a clear path to management
- Company-provided meals during after work hours
- Up to $5,000 in equipment
We have offices on University Avenue in Palo Alto CA and in downtown San Mateo CA. Both are next to the Caltrain!
We also have team members in Seattle WA, Miami FL, Ludhiana India, Lahore Pakistan and more. We believe in the hybrid decentralized/centralized approach to work. If you have remote work experience and are happy living in your current town, we will embrace and support your efforts as a remote YourSports.com employee. However, if you feel more comfortable in an office, we can accommodate.
Our Miami, Seattle, and Chandigarh India offices are ETA 2015.
Email us your cover letter, resume, and links to your LinkedIn, Github, Quora, Twitter, StackOverflow, TopCoder, Behance, personal blog, etc. to email@example.com.